The Wedding Situation - Revisted*

This weekend was awesome to say the least! Friday we kicked off our weekend visiting the in-laws to discuss something about the wedding.. Everyone was under the impression that we are going to discuss whether the wedding in canada will be one day-or 2- day wedding.

Instead dad dropped the GREAT NEWS BOMB. Remember here, when we dropped the idea of getting married in India bec family was not happy and so I cried for weeks about it until I decided to except the situation and decided to get marrried here in Canada.

O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

 











The great news is: WEDDING WILL BE IN INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if you ask the universe and no matter how hard we try to change the situations, what's written will happen. OMG, You guys I am so happy i wish you could see my face right now. Dad dropped the bomb and everyone was so relieved and happy that family back home accepted the differences and encouraged my dad to have wedding in India. I have recieved unlimited texts from my cousins who first weren't able to attend in Canada and now everyone on my family can. MY GRANDPARENTS will be part of the weddin, just how I wanted. THANK GOD! and positive people in my life and bloggy world who prayed for my wishes to come true.

After wedding in India, we will still host reception in Canada for friends and family - a dinner and dance party for them who cannot come to India with us. I think we will still keep the canadian themed reception - I will wear the white dress and my bridesmaid etc. etc. I dont want to take fun stuff away from my girlfriends. WOW, SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

BEST of all, WEDDING was in 9 months in Canada, but now bec we are planning to go to india, WE GET MARRIED IN 4 MONTHS! 18 weeks! 126 days! countdown is SO ON! hahaha

It is sooooooooooo stressfful here to plan the wedding, I am so beyond glad it worked out for me(I was getting booked with 8 days full of appointments- appts after work and on the weekend like no time to breathe) Things are DIFFERENT in India!! you pay and get work done, sit back and actually enjoy the wedding!!!

Thanks for listening, I cant wait to fill in with all the Indian details now. Stay Tuned!


I guess I will show you what I did this weekend - I worked - thats right, worked on a sat! (Ah perks of this job! - meaning got to attend a inter city multicultural ladies event and got henna done). I will stop talking. enjoy!


me and my co-worker - getting indianfied - henna!

my mom and I

Desi girl dance performance

Punjabi folk song dance performance

another co-worker - she bought 3 indian dresses. I love how canadians love the diversity and celebrate it too!
xoxo Nav

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I agree that weddings in India probably aren't as stressful, since the relatives and the people you've paid to do so take care of every TINY detail with little to no stress for the bride! :)

    You also look great in Indianwear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Nav! However, sad that I won't be able to experience a Punjabi wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to hear the news...you deserve to have your wedding just how you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such great news! I'm so glad that everything is falling into place for you! I wish you the best of luck with all the planning!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO happy for you Nav! You look beautiful and it's just so awesome to see that giddy bride-to-be glow about you! A BIG congrats on having it all pull together and the joyous occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look beautiful..congrats on your weddding in India. Dawn xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments/feedback/questions! I read and try to respond to each and every one! Thankyou!